William Basil “Bill” Carroll was born on 11 January 1911, the son of William Benton “Will” Carroll and Maude Marjam Metcalf. Husband of Vivian Nadine Wood and father of Tacy O’Shane Carroll and Nancy Gayle Carroll.
He died 6 May 1946 at Kings, New York
Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 159
Chief Machinists Mate
- Rank: Chief Machinists Mate
- Date of birth: 1 January 1911
- Date of death: 6 May 1946
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Navy
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William B. Carroll
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.