William Bernard Rogers was born on 29 May 1914 at Chattanooga, Tennessee, son of George D. Rogers and Minnie Lee Bunch. He married Lena Elizabeth Welch in 1938. Brother of Leroy Rogers, Ida Lee Rogers and Harold Rogers. His father died in 1918 and another brother, Laurence Edward Rogers died in 1923.
He Died non Battle 6 October 1943
Pvt Rogers died in the service at Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky. He was dead on arrival at the Station Hospital at Fort Knox, Kentucky. Cause of death undiagnosed.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 29 May 1914
- Date of death: 6 October 1943
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Infantry
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William B. Rogers
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.