William Columbus McNelley (also spelled McNelly) was born 29 July 1889 near Chattanooga, Tennessee, son of William J. and Nettie McNelly. He trained at Camp Gordon in Georgia and Camp Hill in Newport News, Virginia. He died of influenza 17 October 1918 in Newport News, Warwick, Virginia.
Buried at Old Ocoee Cemetery, Benton, Polk County, Tennessee
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 29 July 1889
- Date of death: 17 October 1918
- County: Polk
- Hometown: Benton
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 318th Fire and Guard Company
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Old Ocoee Cemetery, Benton, Polk County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: John B. Romeiser
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.