William Dryden McCloud was born on 12 August 1909 in Butler, Tennessee to James Abner Isham McCloud and Rosa Ellen Trivett.
He Died non Battle 15 August 1944
Buried at McCloud Cemetery, Elizabethton, TN
Private First Class
592nd Engineer Regiment, Company D
The Bristol Herald Courier, 25 June 1948
The body of Pfc. William D. McCloud, son of Mrs. Rosa McCloud and the late Isham McCloud, who was killed in action somewhere in the South Pacific on August 15, 1944, will arrive in Johnson City, June 25, and will be moved to the Roy Hathaway Home in Elizabethton.
McCloud was reared at Butler, Tenn., he entered the U.S. Army July 1, 1942, six months later was sent overseas for duty in the Engineering Corps.
Surviving are his mother and two sisters, Mary and Elizabeth McCloud of Bristol, Tenn., and two brothers, Elbert McCloud of Butler, Tenn., and J.L. McCloud of Johnson City, Tenn.: also three nephews and four nieces and a number of other relatives.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 12 August 1909
- Date of death: 15 August 1944
- County: Johnson
- Hometown: Butler
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 592nd Engineer Regiment
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: McCloud Cemetery, Elizabethton, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William D. McCloud
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.