William Grady Haren was born on 27 May 1923, Georgia to Bass Haren and Jennie Haren. He was married to Mary Magdaline Vaughn.
Died non Battle 30 September 1943
Buried at Epworth Cemetery, Epworth, GA
488th Fighter Squadron, 59th Fighter Group
Second Lieutenant Haren was killed piloting P-39Q Airacobra #42-20717, when his craft stalled and spun out of control, while on a training
flight out of the Thomasville Army Airfield, Georgia.
The Atlanta Constitution, 13 August 1943
William G. Haren, of Epworth, Ga., recently was graduated from the Army Air Forces Advanced Flying school at Moore Field, Texas, where he received his wings and was commissioned a second lieutenant. Lieutenant Haren, who has been designated a fighter pilot, was under the instruction of Pilot Officer Charles E. Mould, of the RAF.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 27 May 1923
- Date of death: 30 September 1943
- County: Polk
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 488th Fighter Squadron, 59th Fighter Group
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Epworth Cemetery, Epworth, GA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William G. Haren
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.