William Godsey was born in Rockwood, Tennessee, son of Harriet Godsey of Buhl, Idaho.
Pvt Godsey died of pneumonia and is listed on the Tablets of the Missing, Suresnes American Cemetery, Suresnes, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 2 March 1895
- Date of death: 13 October 1918
- County: Cumberland
- Hometown: Rockwood
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company H, 150th Infantry Regiment, 38th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Suresnes American Cemetery, Suresnes, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: William Stallworth
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.