William H. “Dick” Hudgens was born at Flagstaff, Coconino County, Arizona, the son of William Humphrey Hudgens and Ellen Daisy “Ella” Johnson.
He died non battle
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, September 24, 1944
Pfc. William Hudgens, 22, was killed in a jeep accident Aug. 28 in France, his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Will Hudgens, Louisville, Tenn., have been notified. Pfc. Hudgens was in the Service two years and had been overseas for six months. He was a farm worker before entering the Army.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 3 February 1922
- Date of death: 28 August 1944
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Louisville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 308th Engineer Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Louisville Memorial Cemetery, Louisville, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William H. Hudgens Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.