William Horace ‘Billy’ O’Dell was the son of William Henry O’Dell and Maggie Viola Webb.
He was wounded on the beachhead Peleliu and received on the U.S.S. Leedstown (APA-56) on 16 September 1944, and transferred to the hospital ship the U.S.S. Samaritan (AH10) on 18 September 1944. He was buried at sea and is memorialized at Manila American Cemetery.
Mother: Mrs. Viola O’Dell, 506 Tunnel Boulevard, Chattanooga
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of death: 18 September 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William H. Odell Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.