William Joseph Bailey was initially buried at Marianas Islands, Saipan, 4th Marine Division Cemetery.
The son of Noah Frederick Bailey and Elsie Bertie Lucille Ball.
Rogersville Review, March 2, 1944
Pfc. William J. Bailey, son of Mr. and Mrs. Noah Bailey, Church Hill, route 2, volunteered for the Mraines in October, 1943. He is stationed at San Diego, California.
Rogersville Review, May 20, 1948
Among the 1,941 aboard the Army transport Alber M. Boe was Pfc. William J. Bailey of Church Hill, Rt. 2. Pfc. Bailey was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Noah Bailey.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 18 December 1925
- Date of death: 19 June 1944
- County: Hawkins
- Hometown: Church Hill
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William J. Bailey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.