William Levoyd Bone was born in Alabama to George Homer Bone and Theodocia Armanda Stone.
Private William L. Bone was assigned to the 512th Military Police Battalion, which was involved in the Normandy campaign. He died on 8 August 1944 and is interred at K,1,16, Brittany American Cemetery, St James, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 15 July 1922
- Date of death: 8 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 512th Military Police Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William L. Bone
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.