William Marion Moore was born on February 9, 1888 in Flag Pond, Tennessee. He was the son of William Nelson and Rebecca Jane Runnion Moore. He was the brother of Thomas Nelson Moore, Charity Elizabeth Moore, Mary Catherine Matilda Moore, Samuel Berry Moore, Robert Frank Moore, and Ralph Eugene Moore. He was married to Cora Roberts and the couple had one daughter and one son, Dale Moore. He first enlisted in the military on March 8, 1907. He reenlisted on February 17, 1915. He died of uremia at Camp Wheeler in Macon, Bibb County, GA on April 25, 1918. He is buried at Moore Cemetery in Flag Pond.
William’s son Dale served with honor in WWII, and Dale’s son Jimmie Dale served in the the late 1950’s.
–Submitted by his great grandson, Michael Moore
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 9 February 1888
- Date of death: 25 April 1918
- County: Unicoi
- Hometown: Flag Pond
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Battery E, 8th Field Artillery
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Moore Cemetery, Flag Pond, Unicoi County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: Carl Stiner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.