William McKinley Ward was born in January 1898 in Fishsprings, Carter County, TN. He was the son of William Hamilton Ward and Elizabeth Amanda Potter. He was killed in action at the age of 19. He is buried in plot G, row 29, grave 5, Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 22 June 1897
- Date of death: 14 September 1918
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Fish Springs
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 11th Infantry Regiment, 5th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: St. Mihiel
- Burial/Memorial Location: Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery, Romagne, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William M. Ward
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.