William Phillips was born in Green County, Tennessee to Joseph and Jane Phillips. He was a farmer before entering the service July 29, 1918. He trained at Camp Gordon in Georgia and sailed to Europe September 15, 1918 arriving later that month. He died of influenza at sea on board the transport to France on October 3.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 21 May 1989
- Date of death: 11 October 1918
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Limestone
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 5th Infantry Relief Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oakland Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Oakland Drive, Limestone, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William Phillips
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.