William Ephram Purkey was born in Sneedville, Tennessee 17 May 1895 to John Purkey and Sarah Claunce. He was killed in action 29 September 1918 at the age of 22, and is listed on the Tablets of the Missing, Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 17 May 1895
- Date of death: 29 September 1918
- County: Hancock
- Hometown: Sneedville
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Headquarters Company, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Bellicourt
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William Purkey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.