William Riley Brock Jr. was born on 4 November 1924 in Tennessee, sonWilliam Riley Brock and Susan Jane Gann. Husband of Lorene Farr.
Died 8 October 1944, Lorraine, France
318th Infantry Regiment, 80th Infantry Division, Company G
The Knoxville Journal, 3 December 1948
Sgt. William R. Brock Jr., age 20, was killed in action in France Oct. 8, 1944. He had been overseas less than two months. He was a member of the 69th Infantry. He was a member of the Wartburg Baptist Church and employed with TVA at the time he entered the service. He is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. W.R. Brock; four brothers, Virgil L., Wartburg; Otto S., Detroit; Carl T. and Edward G. of Oak Ridge; four sisters, Mrs. C.A. Emerson, Wartburg; Mrs. R.F. Anderson of Richmond, Va.; Mrs. Ray C. Perkins of Lake City; and Mrs. Edward R. Pelfrey of Rockwood; and half sister, Delta Smith of Crossville.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 4 November 1924
- Date of death: 8 October 1944
- County: Morgan
- Hometown: Wartburg
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 318th Infantry Regiment, 80th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Wartburg Cemetery, Wartburg, Morgan County, Tennessee,
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William R. Brock Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.