William Roy Harbison was born 15 March 1908
He enlisted on 10 November 1942
Died non Battle 28 July 1943
Pvt Harbison died of poisoning at Knoxville General Hospital in Knoxville. He was the son of Henry Harbison and Sarah McCarter. Husband of Flora Francis Harbison.
The Knoxville Journal, July 29, 1943
Pvt. William Roy Harbison, 35, of 551 West Fifth Avenue, stationed at Camp Van Dorn, Miss., died at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at General Hospital. Survivors, widow, Mrs. Flora Harbison; sisters, Mrs. Elizabeth Morgan, Mrs. Janie Beeler, Mrs. Lillard Clouse, Miss Ruth Harbison and Mrs. Pearl Ogle; brother, John Harbison, Dubuque, Iowa. Body is at Weaver’s. Funeral arrangements will be made later.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 15 March 1908
- Date of death: 28 July 1943
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Laws Chapel, Blount County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XIV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William R. Harbison
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.