William W. Troxell was born 1925 in Marion County, Tennessee. His parents were Claude Lee and Belle Lee Troxell. He enlisted 21 April 1941 and served as a PFC with the 178th Field Artillery Battalion. He was initially buried at Avellino Cemetery at Avellino, Italy and reburied In Nettuno Permanent Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy. Grave d 13 46.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 17 October 1943
- County: Marion
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 178th Field Artillery Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor William W. Troxell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.