Willie Garfield Reneau was born 29 April 1918, Inman, South Carolina to Martin Christopher Reneau and Amy Louisa Gann. Married to Nina Worth. His daughter Mildred Lorene Reneau died in 1943.
PFC Reneau was killed outside Cologne, Germany on 1 March 1945.
The Knoxville Journal, March 24, 1945
Pfc. Willie G. Reneau, formerly of Dandridge, employe of TVA when he entered U.S. Army, was killed in action in Germany March 1, his wife, mrs. Nina Worth Reneau, of Dandridge, has been informed by the War Department.
After enlisting for service March 13, 1944, Pfc. Reneau was stationed at Camp Fanning, Texas for preliminary training. He went overseas in Aug. 1944, with an infantry organization.
Survivors include his wife; two children, Ina Ruth and Willie Lee Reneau; parents, Mr. and Mrs. Martin Reneau of Dandridge; sisters, Mrs. John D. Gann, Jefferson City; Mrs. Clabe Loveday, Dandridge; Mrs. Gordon Kanupp, San Francisco, Calif.; and Bulah, of Dandridge; brothers, George Orville and Sam of Dandridge, and Henry, Serving with U.S. Navy, Galveston, Texas who recently spent a 30-day furlough at home, after serving 22 months in the South Pacific.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 29 April 1918
- Date of death: 1 March 1945
- County: Jefferson
- Hometown: Dandridge
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 36th Armored Infantry Regiment, 3rd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Hills Union Cemetery, Dandridge, Jefferson County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Willie G. Reneau
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.