Willie Ray Ramsey was born at Banner Springs, Tennessee, the son of Samuel T. Ramsey and Ora Louise Rodgers.
He was initially buried at Blosville Cemetery at Carentan, France and reburied at Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France, D, 17, 43.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 5 April 1924
- Date of death: 27 July 1944
- County: Fentress
- Hometown: Banner Springs
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 329th Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Normandy Campaign
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Normandy American Cemetery, Colleville-sur-Mer, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Willie R. Ramsey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.