Willis Andrew Smartt was born Tullahoma, Tennessee to Lemuel Smartt and Esther Durley.
Died non Battle 26 June 1943
Buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery, X, 14301
1000 Tech. Service School, Class 32B
Air Corps, AAFTTC, Tomah, Wisconsin
Willis Smartt enlisted on 26 July 1942 at Camp Forrest, Tennessee as a Private.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 2 July 1943
Sgt. Willis A. Smartt, 1,000th Technical School Squadron of Tomah, Wis., died suddenly Saturday. Survivors are wife, Mrs. Mary M. Smartt; two sons, Willis A. Jr. and Edward Smartt; mother, Mrs. Esther D. Smartt; sisters, Misses Ann Esther and Clara Smartt, all of this city; brothers, Pvts. Melvin and Richard Smartt, both of the U.S. Army; several aunts and uncles, other relatives and many friends.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 4 January 1919
- Date of death: 26 June 1943
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Willis A. Smartt Sr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.